AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Cherokee Owners post your PIC!!
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2021

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks Alex, I appreciate your post. I've read over some of your build thread and your fab/mech/electric skills are impressive �� Most of my Jeep knowledge has come from reading forums like AJOR

Yes, i'll get a new XJ viscous fan hub - had forgot about that. Had a ZJ hub on my last XJ and it ran almost continuously - very noisy and power sapping.

I will also modify my fan shroud like on my last XJ by;

1) making it two piece for easy removal - I cut it horizontally and fitted brackets to hold it together. Two 10mm bolts accessed from the top (nuts were welded to lower bracket) and it would come apart.

2) I also extended the shroud to cover the fan more (the lower part of the shroud only just covers the fan) - 50% coverage is optimum, so i've read.

I'll also add 10mm bonnet spacers like my last one. I know a lot of people don't like them but i'm not keen on cutting the bonnet at this stage.

Had also planned to get an Engine Watchdog as they're cheap insurance. I'll also fit something similar to the trans pan as i overheated the trans rock crawling several times in my first XJ... the gauge i had went to ~160' and the needle went off the gauge... not good! Need gearing to take the load off

Matt

99 XJ (sold)
96 XJ (sold)
Currently XJ-less until i return to live in Aus

Last edited by mattdrinan; 18-12-2021 at 09:31 PM.