AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - crd flexplate
Thread: crd flexplate
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 64 Times in 32 Posts

I'm in the same boat here in WA ... need a Flex Plate for my GC as the current one has about 6 or 7x teeth that are worn off in one place. Have replaced the starter motor but now after looking at the ring gear whilst slowly turning the crank bolt on the front, have found the issue. Guy at a local Jeep parts / service centre told me he sold the last one he had (used) to a dealer in Qld for $550 plus freight.

Trying to cross reference Jeep part numbers to Mercedes Benz just doesn't exist. Doing some research shows there are compatible models of Mercedes Benz vehicles (2006 - 2007) that have the same OM642 engine & the W5A580 or W7A700. Would appear this engine is internally balanced as there are NO counterweights on the flex plate. There appears to be some 'balancing' holes drilled into the face of the ring gear but would assume this is part of the dynamic balancing of the Flex plate / Ring gear after the two are welded together ?

This is the CORRECT Jeep part that Clarky posted:

This is the Mercedes Benz 'Used Part' that I have sourced:

This is the identifying Numbers I have found online for the correct MB part:

The one I have sourced here has: A6420300512 sticker on it. Dont know the significance of the first number being different but I think it is a match ?

So I have taken a 'punt' & ordered this Mercedes Benz Flex Plate from a wrecker here in Perth for AUD $220 + AUD $30 delivery to my door. They have guaranteed delivery in the next few days, So I will be fitting it next week after Christmas is done. Hopefully it fits in okay.