AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rear Vision Mirror Glue
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 95 Times in 77 Posts

ended up buying a Permatex glue kit from supercrap.

mixed reviews of this product from being rubbish to being very good, so as a precaution I bought another Dynagrip kit in case the latter failed

firstly I scraped off the remaining old glue and cleaned the windscreen with isopropyl alcohol, plus emeried the button. followed the instructions and after an hour of the button being glued in place with masking tape, I then attached the mirror. so far so good, even with the car sitting in the sun.

there is a Loctite kit available and sold separately is 0.5mm thick mirror bonder that is like a thin plastic sheet that covers the area where the button goes. it hides the ugly appearance of the button and mirror assy from the outside and absorbs differences of thermal expansion. this is what was there when the mirror fell off in the first place. I would have preferred this kit, but its not in stock near where I live. if the current repair eventually fails I may try this