AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - New Grand CherokeeWK-75
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 703 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
If we are to apply all the abovementioned parameters to make assumptions, it would result in around 38% of combined Aussie GC buyers looking elsewhere.

If there really are 10% more GC petrol sales than diesel in AU, there are still 900 diesels for every 1000 petrols. Then assume that a factor of 80% may be defined as a majority, they'd lose 720 diesel sales in every 900, i.e. 80% of diesel sales = 38% of total sales. But, as I speculated earlier, I'm sure Jeep is basing their strategy on their enormously larger domestic market where petrol has always is been king, and if you tow you buy a truck.
Yeah no doubt, looking bigger picture, the needs/wants of the Aus market are really not a huge consideration. Lost sales will be offset by possible newfound appeal in a different market segment, but it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Particularly in relation to the the two-row, which is ultimately the 'true' successor.