AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your WK Grand today?
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Sooo, I've been mucking around with the storage area for a while now, I had a false floor with drawers when I did the Simmo, great, organised, however heavy and I tended to carry a lot of crap around that I didn't need. I next went to a split ply floor, great, but, not as convenient as I'd like. Now with the spare being a 285 it sticks up a bit, just enough for a full bit of ply to sit on it and all around the edges, here is my next creation. Made for maximum lightness and ease if I need to access the spare (with drawers it was a massive ball ache).
On the right, battery, space for the compressor to live and the fridge in front of it all, on the left, tons of room for my tubs, 1 with spare parts, 1 with cooking gear, another with food. I've also purchased 4 of those Kings canvas bags with the clear tops, no idea what I'll put in them yet.
This way I have a little space left over at the end on the left where I have enough room to whip up a coffee on the side of the road or track and get moving, I can also access the fridge perfectly through the rear window
If I need to access the spare, unbuckle the fridge and rip it out, whip out the tubs and battery, go for it.
Back seat will house the swag, stretcher and chair. Done, no fluffing around with needless crap anymore!