AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - The error code wheel of fortune continues - This time P1242
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
If you had oil inside the plug assembly then the unit that is mounted in the Tranny has to be replaced as they get a split and no amount of cleaning will fix the problem, the tranny needs to be drained when replacing the fixed socket as it plugs/screws into a circuit board.....
Hmmm, are you saying that I cause my own problem here? I hope you are not talking about the circuitboard but the plug itself. If it is the plug, I think I found another problem which I just found when I had a look and opened the housing.
Some of the wires are exposed and the others are literally glued to each other. I guess it was a mix of too much heat and then some rubbing.

I checked for a new one since I do not see me soldering under the car anytime soon. However all I find was the housing and not the plug with the wires. On the other side it looks like I can take the entire plug off and then work on a workbench.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk