AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - The error code wheel of fortune continues - This time P1242
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post
No codes? If not, then the shift valves are the likely candidate. The valve body is very susceptible to minute dirt particles causing them to stick. Pay carefully attention to which gear changes are causing the engine flare, then look at the FSM to see which valves are actuating during that change. The FSM covers this in granular detail. Then clean those valves.

Sent from my moto g( plus using Tapatalk
Thanks JeanLuke. Nope, not a single error code. Not on the engine and not on the transmission. This is what baffles me the most and it is going on for days basically since I changed the . If an error code appears I could at least clear it and then continue driving but this way it just throwing stuff at the wall, hoping that something will stick and solve the issue. There is not a particular gear, but more or less when I start the engine and try to drive. So it must be in 1st gear already unless you would start in 2nd as it is mentioned on the web page RTB just posted.

Will have a look at the FSM and see what I can do to clean those valves.