AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2014-2017 unconnect radio patch
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 703 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
If Jeep was offering it there would be fanfare, whistles and balloons ............. I have never thought any of these systems no matter what the vehicle are much chop really as support is out the door on most after the first service... My Navman is 7 years old and still gets updates... I do a full reboot every few years to clean it up....
I have no doubt that the fanfare will come, it's just early days and not officially announced yet.

Agree with your comment about the nav systems in any vehicle - have used the offerings from multiple brands and all are garbage. Part of the reason why CarPlay and Android Auto were such game changers and were quickly adopted.

I'd go further and say that even the experience offered by the standalone navigation units offered by Tomtom, Garmin, Navman, etc. aren't really up to scratch these days compared to phone apps. I was recently playing around with a family member's brand new top of the range Garmin unit and it was a terrible experience. Slow, poor UI, unnecessarily complicated to input addresses, and maps that were out-of-date (even though they were updated 2wks prior).