AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - FP relay fail...
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,158 Times in 613 Posts

Nuts isn't it, you'd honestly think manufacturers would have tested these things during the design stage.
It never ceases to amaze me, and it does pi$$ me off the silly recalls that could have been avoided had the manufacturer done the proper homework in the first place.

Maybe instead of trying to save $1, spending an extra 50c on a better relay in this case up front would have saved them so much future expense and Owner grief...this just continues to give the brand a bad name...

Chrysler it seems doesn't have a good name anyway when it comes to Customer service...so why look to change their lousy reputation now...lol Stellantis owns the Jeep product now, as well as many other brands...just another owner since the original Willys Overland, Kaiser Motors, AMC, Chrysler, then Fiat / Chrysler, now Stellantis...who'll be next?

Off topic, I recall back in the early 70's I worked in spare parts for a vehicle importer - Western Motors in Perth. They bought in the early CJ7's from Kaiser Motors among other Jeeps and also the very early Jap Subaru FF1's.. I remember among other updates to the Jeeps such as fitting lap sash seat belts, they had to remove the original front yellow indicator globes and replace them with white ones.
So my then worked over "Chrome Yellow" EH Holden was lucky and got yellow parker / indicator lamp globes to match the paint job...