AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Select Trac vs Quadradrive
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
Why not tune the TCU?

I've read that ring gear spacers are a tricky endeavor, as the ring gear is centered on the carrier, so unless the spacer has provision for centering the ring gear, it's risky.
That is certainly something I am planning to do sooner or later. I am closely following what you, RBT and JeanLuke are doing. But this is something entirely new to me so I will focus on getting all of my goodies from the V8 transferred over and then I can focus on such kind of activities.

I have the right ring gears for the Dana 44a already. They should fit on the carrier of the CRD without any issue. If not I will simply use the V8 carrier and axles and bite the bullet. I have set up my Dana 30 just a couple of days ago without sophisticated measurements and instruments. All I needed was a dialling gauge for the backlash and make sure that the pattern on the ring gear matches the expected outcome. Took me a while and did some back and forth but now it is perfect.

Last edited by JoergM; 10-06-2022 at 03:56 PM.