AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Cas/cps
Thread: Cas/cps
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts
Default Cas/cps

My CAS failed in 2008 when the car was 13 years old, and came to a rest at the very beginning of a long bridge that had two blind merging lanes. It would not restart, and it was a brave cop that physically got behind the car and pushed me further to the centre of the bridge to give oncoming traffic time to change lanes and avoid a rear end collision. An RTA van eventually towed me off the bridge to a safe place to wait for a flat bed.

It is the only time this XJ95 has ever broken down (of course it was in the city), and I never want to experience that kind of danger ever again.

Now, fast forward around 13 years later, I have been carrying a spare Mopar genuine part #56026921-001 which is called a Crank Position Sensor. I am thinking that this is AKA the CAS. Could someone please confirm that they are the same thing?

Would an error code ever show up in a Check Engine light readout for a faulty CPS? I don't think it did back in 2008.