AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Service Electronic Throttle Warning
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2022
Established Member

Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Just check the fault codes, then hit clear codes once you have taken note of the code number.......... if its not a hard code it will clear after a few self checks, it may return but since you drove into town okay I would say its cleared itself till next time.... Mine while throwing the same screen message felt like a turbo hose had come off, so some sensor had a hiccup, so either the clearing of code or restart of engine or both sorted it out, no sense going to a dealer as they will plug it in, see nothing so declare nothing wrong....

Time for a dealer is when it chokes with the red engine light on and the tow truck carries it down the road.

Throttle control is managed by ECU juggling all the sensor data, air flow/temp/pressure in various spots, fuel temp/flow rate/pressures, eng oil temps/pressure, coolant temp, exhaust temps/pressures, EGR BS and foot position along with data from tranny and each road speed sensor and god knows what else, one hiccups and it can fall over, no actual module for it. ......

Yeah, I am going to take the ostrich approach with this, until it raises its head again