AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ crossing the Simpson Desert in 2022?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
So you bought a XJ and you are going into the Bush?
Did you get the one with the 120 liter tank? If not you might want to start searching for one or look for some wrecking a old dual fuel XJ and get the fuel tank out of it. They fit in front of the rear axle a good second tank.
Take spares especially a spare of every sensor
Recondition the entire cooling system and flush the shit out of the engine XJ's are hot buggers at the best of times.
Is the XJ you got setup for bush? or a stock one? Check and service everything A XJ is a good car But it is OLD and will require some TLC no matter how good it looks
I bought the Xj as a run-around to fit the dog and kids friends. Getting a dog and kids + kids friends to back seat of a lifted JK 2dr is bit of a problem. It is 1999 in stock condition. Thanks for the heads up that there is a heat problem. The previous owner fitted a fan timer, and when I shut it down the engine the electric fan kept running for like 10 minutes. Also the radiator cap is a tridon brand one with a pressure relief mechanism. There are two brand new high-flow tridon thermostats in the glove box. I asked the previous owner if it overheats he said no he just likes to keep it running cool. I am not sure where to start. I have driven it about 200km and no overheating yet. The temperature needle sits just above 100