AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Engine Oil Pressure Monitoring 3.0L Ecodiesel WK2
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022
Rock Munki

Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

The 5w 40 most certainly 'queitens' them down....@155k last service was my first change to the 40w...could notice the 'engine noise' change instantly...as per bjms' above post...it was a 'mandated' factory upgrade years ago...but....owners manual/retailers and 'workshops' were/are still recommending/using the 30w...obviously, the owners manual isnt going to change (it came with the car at original sale)...and 'some' google searches will still state 30w...I tow and live where temps get up to and above 50C...it was a no brainer to upgrade...MAJOR reason for 'upgrade' was all the advice given on this forum...THANKS GUYS !!!

Regards the oil pressure 'monitoring'...there is a lot of info on this on this forum and the US Sites...would appear there are wild fluctuations on any type of 'pressure monitoring' device used...it actually scared some owners and they ceased 'reading' it...you have posted on jeeper6s' thread re: the same...if you read that entire thread I think you will find a few andwers and leads...GOOD LUCK

As a 'helpful hint'...it is best to put your year model at the base of your posts...this assists forum members to answer your questions...models vary in many aspects...'11-13' and '14 upwards have differing bits n pieces...and...dont be fooled into the engine 'breed'...export models (including Oz) do not have 'eco-diesels'...that breed is states based

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
bjm

Last edited by FARWEST; 07-11-2022 at 06:27 AM.