AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2.7 drivers
Thread: 2.7 drivers
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The unit is self contained and pure mechanical with a small thermostat,,looks like a squarish block of Aluminium with 4 lines going to it. I havent noticed any part numbers on it, but like you said, you could get away with just running an extra cooler full time. Just put a piece of plastic or what ever in front of it in colder seasons. I think the rule of thumb is the fluids life is halved for every 10deg C above 80C.
Clarky posted a mod for the hydraulic fan for the WH, which puts the fan to full noise when you switch it on. I know you have changed the settings that your fan ramps at, but it may be a simple fix for just when your in the soft sand in High range.
I know it works well because i have done the mod on my WH and the fan sucks like mad even at idle.
So the fan is pretty much the same on theWG, and since the auto cooler line is in the bottom of the radiator it should be in much cooler coolant with the fan on HIGH. Anyhow just a thought. The reason I modified my WH with the fan switch was when I first took it on steep high country tracks I thought it was over heating because the gauge is not as well set up/labled as it is on the WG.
I also wonder on how accurate some of the readings are on the obdjscan app are,,for example the battery voltage is out by about 1volt on the WH. Not saying anything bad about WJdiag, but if you are reading the voltage across the thermistor it takes away any possibility of error.