AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

As luck would have it, I took the XJ out for an errand yesterday and drove the thing headlong into a tornado somewhere in the central west. I could see the storm brewing ahead. I also heard some chatter on the UHF from truckies and dump truck operators about the torrential downpour. Someone said they were operating in their quarries in two feet of water.

When the storm finally "slammed" into the ground I could not see anything in front of me (in broad daylight) despite having the wipers on max. Surrounded by trucks I did something that I have never done before (EVER). I pulled up into a rest area. I thought the risk was too high of a head on collision on a two-way "highway".

Yesterday's storm was fast moving so after a few short moments, I joined the highway and continued my journey. Sometimes, storms tend to hang around and continue over an area and it might be better to drive through them, but this wasn't one of them.

I guess I am showing my age.

Last edited by eksjay; 13-12-2022 at 04:35 PM.