AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Front Brake Rotor Size.
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023
Established Member

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Cool Front Brake Rotor Size / Brake Upgrade Kit.

A question for all, particularly those who take their wheels off and do their own brake services. I'm about to do rotors and pads, front and rear (don't ask why, partly just cause I want to put flashy new rotors on with my new '4WD' Ceramic & Carbon pads)

In my perusal of the various parts available, I came across some data in the TRW Catalogue. It states that:"Vehicles with HD suspension, use 332mm Front Rotor." The standard rotor on my car is apparently only 302mm

Hmm, like WTF is THAT!
What KK Cherokee got "HD Suspension", and how come they get a 332mm Front Brake Rotor?

But the big question.... CAN I GET THAT??
Having worked in the industry I'm betting it's the same brake caliper, and just a different caliper to wheel hub bracket, to accommodate the larger 332mm Rotor.

The first thing is that for the larger diameter rotor, do the 17in wheels fit? That might help me work out what KK got this "HD Suspension" kit, as they might have 18, or even 20in wheels? I dunno, I gotta do some measuring there, but it's only 15mm (half of the 30mm difference).

I'd love to check some form of Mopar parts fiche for the Caliper Brackets and see if there are different part numbers, to do an easy 330mm rotor upgrade! Just get the new brackets and the 330mm rotors, and 'doneski', instant brake upgrade.

I did a similar thing on my Commodore when one day while working at the brake shop, I discovered that Corvette calipers and hubs (rotors) would fit my Commodore. Instant ventilated and alloy finned caliper upgrade! Yeah! That thing would put you through the windscreen when you jumped on the anchors after that.

I shouldn't have to worry about the ABS stuff either, as the ABS rings are integral to the wheel bearing hub, and are not 'in the mix' as such. I won't have to worry about brake lines as the lines for the 330mm setup will be shorter if anything, so my hoses will end up having 15mm 'slack' in them. No issue at all.

So, anyone got any info they can share about this?
Anyone with a Sport willing to measure their front rotors for me?

Last edited by Wiz.au; 17-01-2023 at 06:25 PM.