AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Grand kids
Thread: Grand kids
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2023
Rock Munki

Liked 1,326 Times in 764 Posts
Default Grand kids

Took my 4yr old grand son on our FIRST fishing adventure this arvo....was mid 40's all day with cool change right on dusk...told him...'this is the time to be fishing'....he ran inside and said to his dad...'Dad....Poppy says this the best time to be fishing and he knows cos he used to be a fisherman'....gotts love the blatant truths told by children....my grandson ran back outside and said....'Poppy...we gotta go fishing...get your fishing gear n lets go'...now there's something you cant say no to....loaded some gear and down to the waters edge we went...li'l marina biult to unload the fishing boats from the Bight....'Poppy...did you used to work on that boat ?'....we had been in Port Lincoln early in the week and I pointed out a few boats I had worked on 'when I was younger....MUCH younger'.....so now...every boat the 4yr old see's gets a 'I bet Poppy worked on that boat...he was Fisherman, he used catch Rock Lobsters (introduced them to the B52's Rock Lobster video clip....THEY LOVE IT !), Sharks and he used Pole Tuna...used to throw em on the boat over his shoulder...is that a Rock Lobster boat ?....Shark boat ?...or a Tuna Pole boat ?...bet Poppy worked on it'.......sooooo....in the quiet li'l marina we are with a few rods giving it a go....man oh man did I get asked every question about fishing EVER asked....lol....to top it off we were catching fish....not anything worth eating but a suggestion to keep the catch for Crab bait in the morning enticed another raft of questions to be answrred so as to give his dad ALL there is to know about Crab fishing...'cos Poppy was a fisherman and he knows everything about fishing dad...you should ask him'.....TRUELY was one of the 'sweetest' moments in many years and will be repeated MUCH more often...looks like Ive found a fishing buddy !....if he keeps quiet long enough for the fish to bite !!!

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday