AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Nulon Apex+ 5W-40
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,967 Times in 2,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCheese View Post
Semi synthetic matters because of the DPF - they don't play nicely together. More minerals/SAPS = more ash = more burns and/or clogged DPF
I thought that but then it wouldn't comply with the CJ4/ E9 specs at all....

API CK-4:

CK-4 oils exceed the performance criteria of API CJ-4, CI-4/PLUS, CH-4 and can effectively lubricate engines calling for those API Service Categories.

Note: When using CK-4 oil with higher than 15 ppm sulphur fuel, consult the engine manufacturer for service interval recommendations.

These oils are formulated for use in all applications with diesel fuels ranging in sulphur content up to 500 ppm (0.05% by weight). However, the use of these oils with greater than 15 ppm (0.0015% by weight) sulphur fuel may impact exhaust after-treatment system durability and/or oil drain interval. ""

ACEA E9:

Designed for Euro 4, Euro 5 & Euro 6 emission diesel engines, with and without DPFs. SAPS limits line up with API CJ-4 & TBN 7 minimum.

Our engines are Euro 5 .................

Penrites ENVIRO+ 10W-40 (FULL SYN.) is my choice but at over $100 for 7 lts, bugga me .............. so I will stick with the Nulon 10W-40 full syn in the gold pack, I can get 10 lts for just over a $100 but usually $85 on specials... and its full syn CJ4.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.