AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Draining the fuel tank
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
He's had the filters all changed and vehicle driven so any water has long been sucked up or in suspension....................
That's just it, No amount of filter changes are going to eliminate any presence of water, micro bacterial, algae, it needs treated from within the source, ( Fuel Doctor ) but like he said it's 7 parts full, thats alot of fuel every litre he can get out of the tank is a litre less he has to be concerned about and more importantly a litre less of contaminated fuel the fuel pump has to endure, especially the high pressure pump, if the water scores the pump,it's game over!
Trust me filter median doesn't stop water getting through, it only slows it down so it can pool in the bottom of the filter catchment and by the time there's an adequate amount to set off the buzzer, the amount required to do damage has already passed through, that's why the drain needs undoing religiously every so often on a regular basis to allow drainage of any water and/ or contaminants, daily when buying fuel from areas that don't sell large amounts, 2 minutes to open plug, drain, close.
Got a mate who is a Diesel GU-RU and swears, that all these flash new reverse facing snorkels are a major problem factor due to the vacuum effect of facing away from the direction of travel and sucking in water from around the roof/pillar region especially when it's raining,
Just my 2 bobs worth of Rant