AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Grand Willys Project
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023
LokRinger

Liked 1,766 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
You 'nutted' me when you said...no solar powered fans...the hi low location of the vents should provide enough draw...will they be waterproof in heavy rain whilst driving or 'puddle/river crossing' ????....you have given yourself the answers...I'd go two located on the bottom of the front board directly behind the cabin and two up high at the rear in the location you spoke of....it 'should' vent out the stakes from the bottom....the 'hot air' should provide enough pressure to push itself out and the 'draft' created at the bottom of the stake 'should' provide draw whilst driving....if the space is vacuum sealed....real red neck method...small intake scoops over cab to push air in whilst mobile...but...that would look ridiculous...on the other hand...the top of the scoop would be a good place to 'hide' the solar panels then run the wiring internal of the scoop and plumbing...stainless square tube ????
Cool, thank for your input. Be great if I didn't have to have the top mounted vent in the rear stake pocket, as more likely to suck dust from there too.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club