AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Oil Cooler failure
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,157 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
Keep looking at changing mine out as a precaution against this sort of thing happening, done over 180k in my 2014 now.
Just unsure about the aftermarket coolers and if Im going to regret using one of these as far as reliability goes?
How big a problem is the oil coolers or is it just another hit & miss problem with these VM's?

My 2015 has done 118k, I am taking a punt that it will last another 20k until I get back from the upcoming trip. The last Jeep had it fail at 173,000 k's, though I had thumped the front end off roading and it failed that same day.

I have bought a spare cooler off ebay just in case, but certainly hope I don't need it..but when I get back this Jeep will be going in to 7 Slot for a replacement oil cooler that they source.

It is very hit and miss it seems, some fail quite early where as some don't fail at all...