AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - W58 Crank sensor recall
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 40 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
With the Yanks not recognising Grands with a diesel pre2013 I would be looking at the ViN list anyway .................. a cross reference with the Batmobiles will show if the earlier diesel had the faulty part.....

I had another look and the 2011-12's were 177kw (237.3) and those that came in after Feb 2013 rated at 184kw (246.7HP), no other HP upgrade after that coming into the country as far as the RVD1 register shows.... I think more like software than nuts and bolts...... Mor elikely when they upped production for the yank vehicles they contracted a number of places to make the reluctor and they don't know who or where the suss bits went.... Can come from any european country.
Interesting side note from troubles I have had with my 2012. The PCM original has a part number that ends in AH and I replaced it trying to fix issues with another from a wreckers which ends in AI, the next version. I swear it goes faster than the older PCM unless it has had an aftermarket adjustment.