AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Appcar FCA or OBD Jscan Scan app
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 110 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
My ELM 27 dongle is over 10 years old, its hit and miss with these of they will work on all the various protocols, I was lucky................. get the demo version of alpha and try out your dongle, while you can see the options the demo won't let you do much but at least you will now it works, if you don't use spanners then spending hundreds of $$$ on the stuff is just a waste of money really....

Have a look at the demo versions first before you decide....
Tried connecting my old dongle today and just saw a red light come on. Then I tried to pair to my iPhone no luck cannot be found. Can’t remember if I needed to use an android or this dongle is way to old for this vehicle or my phone. It is about 8-10 years old atleast.

Can you suggest a dongle that you think would work without an issue? Something that doesn’t need to be the best out there but just works would be fine.

When you get the SRT pages app, do we loose the Off Road pages app we have? Yeah I agree the extra bits on the SRT pages app is not relevant for our rides but we are forcing the SRT packages with these apps. I just like the colour and font of the SRT gauges. But thinking about it now I think the colours won’t match with our left and right gauges on either side of the Speedo.

Had a look at the demo mode on the JScan app and just couldn’t find the horn on lock/unlock with fob options. So many parameters were available. Not sure if you seen this in Alpha OBD. And I don’t know why the AU models have these options taken out from our user settings screen. Like both lock/unlock feedback and even the horn when remote starting.