AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WKs breaking down,diesels!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023
Rock Munki

Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

Like you Drover Im always under the bonnet 'checking things'...looking under the car when its parked for signs of fluid leaks....shakin wheels to check wheel bearings or general 'looseness'...listening to the whole thing when its starting, idling, driving off, slowing down, braking, cornering or open road running...same off road...listening for rattles n bumps...its just a matter of operation n keeping an eye, ear, nose on things...I understand that many think the gauges are fool proof but they aint....I'll take a $1 for very sender, sensor, gauge Ive replaced in the years and retire now thank you !....Im not saying Ive got it all covered and know whats goin on...I'm smart enough to know I know nothing and my only hope of not ending up on a tilt tray is being observant and asking questions....getting vehicles serviced by anybody else only creates work for me as I ALWAYS check their work....its not their car, its mine...its not them on the side of the road, its me....some jobs are to big or involved for the tools or skills I have and I just have to trust a 'pro' but I reaearch which 'pro' has a good rep and still check their work after I have it back...a loose connection/clamp/nut/seal, a washer missing or not tge correct size, a wire or harness not in its correct harness location will lead me to virtually redo the whole thing thinking...'What else did they miss ?'....Some just own them....others just drive them....for me....its a passion...I smile each time I see one on a tilt tray...can only hope the smile isnt on someone elses dial one day

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday