AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Throw out bearings...
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2023
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,589 Times in 4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post
(192,000km & the clutch has failed again. It had a slight vibration/pulsation for a while, but the failure was between starting off from the lights, and changing into 2nd.)

Wow 192000km on a manual clutch... that's amazing. I have best got about 150000km out of mine (changed earlier than this since everything apart for some reason or other and preventative maintenance that prevents me being stranded in the bush. The Wrangler manual 3.8L is well known for rattle that is due to worn pivot bolt and selector gate. Best change them when changing clutch.

I have had 2 DF Centreforce clutches that have not looked anything like the pictures you posted at change over... just worn friction plate etc. Perhaps wasn't aligned properly at instalment.
)
I would send photos to Centreforce (address from its website) sales@centerforce.com to see what they have to say...
I replaced the clutch in my XJ diesel (not long after I got it) at 140,000km. Gearbox out for RMS replacement. Its now at 365,000km, and no sign of needing replacement. So, 225,000km & going strong. I can remember as a child, my parents replaced the clutch in their XK Falcon at 100,000miles (160,000km). Suspect that there maybe a bit of resting ones foot on the clutch peddle maybe causing reduced life. Used to be the problem years ago.