AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Buying Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,987 Times in 2,353 Posts

Look for a vehicle with the lowest Kms, preferably under 50K kms, dealer stamps in book doesn't mean its been well serviced either, well that goes for most vehicles... If you not towing and doing the daily commute go for a petrol job as the diesel while brilliant is happier outside the city, the stop/start city stuff is a killer for diesel engines especially if you want to keep it for along time.... The 8 speed box is magic and a service around the 40-50K km mark means it will live for years, 100k Km Jeep service interval, like most vehicles nowadays is a killer .

Parts I don't have any real drama with as I never use a dealer, Repco or similar or a place in the USA, Rockauto.com are my go to's, quicker and cheaper than a dealer and also easier, but my Westfil filters bulk online from a shop at Lakes Entrance ............. While I have usually serviced my gear otherwise I use local workshops as I can't afford or trust dealers ..... This is my third Grand the first 2 managed near 300K km before trade in and this one is running nicely as well.. I like them and don't think they are worse than most other vehicles on the market they all seem to have crap support services now...

Just crawl all over the one you look at.. important to check the coolant is red and no grey/black floaties in it................... engine should have no dried coolant streaks, take a tape measure with you to measure heights, on non air suspension front should be 489mm from centre of hub to bottom of guard, rear 512mm thats when new if its 30mm less then you will be up for new springs and shocks, air jobs when at ride height are about 10mm less... of course if its had aftermarket suspension fitted then add about 20-30mm to those heights.....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.