AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - coolant
Thread: coolant
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,967 Times in 2,340 Posts

I had similar torque with a Ford head something like hand tight, scary as heck on the alloy everything jobs after Cruiser and Landy bits needing a crane to lift the things.............

Thats the way with the bolts, I would use the new part as a template and trace it out on a cardboard box, punch holes in the spots then drop each bolt into its spot, then move the box well away from me so I didn't kick the damn thing over...Don't ask.....

Stuff I was reading was blaming the coolant for eating the gasket which caused the head drama, a long shot I thought at the time ....
I reckon you'll be right ...........

If you read up on the stuff you will see HOAT gives better protection from corrosion but only good for 5yrs/100K while OAT is longer life with less corrosion protection and really if well flushed at change either either is okay, I prefer to change at 100K to make sure whatever coolant used........... a bit like stretching out the service intervals to me is why.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 05-07-2023 at 07:40 AM.