AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2019 WK2 with blown diesel
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023
Rock Munki

Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITA View Post
Well about 10 days ago I bought a 2016 GC with 129K at auction, a repairable write off. Folded in front but the air bags were not deployed, can turn on and no faults showing on the screen but I will need to get my analyser updated. I have only had quick look over to determine how to pull the front out, radiator and air con condenser are shot, I did try to turn over the motor but not a thing from the starter motor. Are there any interlocks to do with coolant or anything else, also it is stuck in Park. I need to fire it up before any attempt is made to remove the engine and on that subject, I have seen one YouTube video of dropping the whole subframe with motor and gearbox. Then there was a partial showing just the motor but no video of the preparatory work to remove the Engine. Anyone have any links for removing the engine?

Check GDL Auto utube clips....and the yankee workshop clips on utube...Car Wizard is good and there's a Jeep Dealership...dude wears light blue overalls....if u punch in something simple like 'changing diff oils' you will find their site then base them for your engine swap....sorry I cant remember the workshops name.

ps: not sure you can pull em outta Park without tge engine running...mines a '13 model and I cant....probs no help for you but something that may be the case

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Last edited by FARWEST; 07-07-2023 at 08:43 PM.