AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rather urgent RHD water pump advice please!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Appreciate the reply Classic Boy - you probably realised but both photos needs to be titled 90 degrees to the right to give the correct orientation. I can't edit the photo but all the service manuals I've found suggest the 'disc' immediately below the mounting studs should separate from the pulley but gentle prodding suggests it's locked on - maybe with rust. Or, as you seem to indicate it's been jammed on ?

Is it safe to place a long piece of metal - say a socket extension - on the 'disk' closest to the four studs and give it a good bash with a BFH to loosen any rust which might be sealing it to the pulley? I've given it a soaking of penetrating oil overnight too. Or do i risk damaging the pulley bearing?

BTW the fan itself detached easily from the fan clutch unit - I just cant get the fan clutch unit away from the pulley if that makes sense. The plastic shroud is off.

In short:

1.should the fan clutch (and fan) detach from the pulley as all the manuals indicate i.e. there's nothing special about our RHD 4.0s with A/C?
2. Does the bracket holding the PS detach with the removal of the 3 bolts I can see? I need to have some wriggle room to get the new water fitted?

Sorry for more Qs but i dont want to damage anything!

Cheers,