AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - PRND shifter Lights on all the time
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 119 Times in 84 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
The red circle is highlighting something I don't have on mine, the black knob thingy but that is the housing for the valve and the hose is a bastard to undo the clip ........... it requires 3 hands and 2 small flat screw drivers..... but I would wait until a battery check as it may be the cause of thee gremlins ............ If I was going to give the engine a dose of intake cleaner I would squirt it in from the EGR hose connection on the intake...

That black thing might just be an engine cover support bit, I have just a 4 pointed star in alloy there and the engine cover and associtaed rubber bits has been long gone from mine so can't recall......
I guessed it won’t be easy taking those clips off the hose bugger!

I have the separate 4 engine cover boots that the cover boots on to and this thing is something else. Noticed it myself and couldn’t think of it other than a heat sink used on computer CPUs lol. I’m sure it’s not that but looks like.

I am going to try and do the battery reset today or tomorrow morning and see how things go first before attempting to remove anything else.

Thinking of disconnecting the negative and leaving it for 15 minutes before reconnecting to be safe? 30 min might be too long?

Cheers