AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - PRND shifter Lights on all the time
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 123 Times in 87 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Firstly I should correct an error I made calling the PCV hose the EGR hose, the PCV hose comes from the front of engine and goes to the intake where the plumbing from the air box jons up to the turbo intake, it vents the oil air from the sump so it can mix into tar from the sooty EGR system.

The pipe with the sock (heat shield( around it is the EGR Diffuser, makes sure the soot isn't in a big lump when it lands in the manifold, a clean every other service can't hurt............ The MAF is located in the pipe at the air box, it doesn't need cleaning very often unless you use greasy filters, its in a hard plastic tube.. most get MAF and MAP mixed up, the one covered in crud is the MAP...

The MAP sensor is just in front of the turbo at the back of the valley, pull the yellow tab on the connector to unplug and use a T40 driver to unscrew it thena good wriggle will get it out, a T40 driver, a good squirt with sensor cleaner each service isn't a bad idea, do not poke at the sensor, just hold it away from everything and drown it till it comes clean, only use sensor cleaner, don't poke it or try to brush or blow it clean, you will be surprised at how light your wallet will be if you damage it...
Thank you for the detailed instructions on what to look for and this helps in my learning too. My first diesel and just learning how complex these things are.

If I get a chance I would definitely like to take some of these apart and have a look. The MAP sensor that comes off with a T40 is tempting as it seems to be the easiest but when you said damaging this could be heavy I got to make sure I’m careful. Sadly I doing think and of the logbook services includes these cleanup’s which is a shame. I’m asking for too much here. I’m getting very good fuel economy on this so far so I guess the sensors must be still not covered in a lot of crap.

As much as it is tempting to try these at home with my current work schedule and lack of time at home I am thinking it’s best I paddle along for a couple of thousand more kms like this and get it inspected at next service. Definitely want to try giving the car to a more Jeep focused garage. At least they would attempt to do the steps you described here to see if it helps. Surely a guy who knows Jeeps would know to check inside the intake area to see if the flap is working or if it needs cleaning.. Instead of guesswork.

CEL keeps coming on and off so I know whatever it is, it’s not that bad so far. Does look like a good clean could fix this - if I ever get some time!

Only thing I miss badly is being able to remote start the car as I am getting ready to go to work so it’s all warmed up because if it’s in a cycle with CEL, remote starter starts the car and then shuts it down in few seconds due to CEL present. Similar as when the car is low on fuel. This is bothering me more than the CEL on the dash on some days lol

Last edited by vijith555; 13-09-2023 at 03:13 AM.