AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeep 2.7 crd Engine Mounts
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023
Senior Newbie

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Looks about the same I got.

If you're going to replace the glowplugs, put some penetrating oil on the glowplug holes when hot during multiple heat cycles. Also, remove the glowplugs when hot, try to do it before taking the intake out, 4 and 5 are hard to reach so you may have to remove the common rail first. The glowplugs on the OM612 are a pita to remove, follow some tutorials for the Mercedes 270 cdi or t1n sprinter, should be fine if you follow the correct steps, but breaking one could mean having to take the head out, so take all precautions needed.

Now that we're talking about the intake. Were does that coolant hose go between the viscous pump and the intake manifold? I always found it strange that coolant goes through the intake. Does it connect with one the holes in the back? I know one of the holes is for the EGR. My guess is it goes through the EGR side of the intake so heater core heats much faster while engine is still cold. Am i correct? That means i will have to drain the block before removing the intake, shite, I just put new coolant in.

Last edited by OffroadSpike; 07-10-2023 at 05:05 AM.