AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Just some positive fuel figures for the ecoDiesel towing with a tune
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,987 Times in 2,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
Murchisons, ECU tune. Mainly did it for EGR turn off. Whilst I have been around cars for a long time, the major variance was now using a calculator for final psi from load rating etc. once changed to LT tyres on car and van (49 psi). In my case I knew the wheel weights from a free weigh in with Caravan Qld. I guess the only main point is the overall general consumption over near 20k by fuel receipts post a tuned ECU had not noticeably increased the overall consumption perhaps. Around town and general mix of highway as much as possible the onboard computer is 10.5 plus ish so figure that was just normal with car and alloy bullbar. No different to anyone else posting either tuned or not.
Most interesting, especially tyre pressures, mine I'll solo at 38 all round but towing front will go to 40 and rear 45 with the van at 47 (265 75R16) and they all end up 4-5 psi higher ............. One thing I have noticed over time is depending what grade of oil Im using seems to have a bearing on the fuel economy...
Having put my Grand over the scales when its in town mode, full tank and 2 bums on seat there is only 340kgs left till I'm at GVM, most concerning really... alloy bar, SS bash plates, tow bar, side steps, LT tyres, tool box etc account for the rest of load cap, I did some weights and measure on the gear and it surprised me how quickly it gets eaten up..............

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.