AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - EVC/I Drive Throttle Controller fitment...
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2023
Rock Munki

Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
The throttle controller won't impact turbo lag, it fixes throttle lag. Thinking more about it, it was U5 I ended up on, not 6, U6 is pretty punchy.

I also found the turbo lag in the Wk2 was barely noticeable.
No experience with 'electrickery' throttle assistance...but...these buses are very 'smart' in that they really adapt to how you drive them on a regular basis....can physically feel the difference the modules create when driven 'Driving Miss Daisy' style from 'standing on it' regularily...slower shifts at lower revs v quick (and smooth I might add) changes at higher revs...PCM talking to all the other little plastic boxes of tricks telling em....he wants to poke along or he wants to rip in....only time turbo lag is something that is evident is 'gently' pulling away from a standing start....jumping on it and its 'quick' enough for me nowadays....I do make sure the back of the 'go pedal' has some 'quality time' with the floor well carpet when able to do that.
Today I was travelling a very short distance with the car just being started up....ambient around 20C....car had got into 4th gear inside 300m with the speedo reading 40kph...well outside any turbo time revs...maybe 15-1600rpm gear changes.
Other days, after a 'trip', it wont hit 3rd gear around town until 30-40kph...no issues....just the 'electrickery' doin its thing....PCM has control of a LOT of parameters on jthese earlier model buses(5speeds)....if you want to feel turbo lag take a late 90's early 00's turbo diesel Discovery...or a late 00's turbo diesel Pajero for a 'test drive' from a caryard...WARNING: DONT try to 'thread the needle' in the traffic from a Stop Sign....you WONT make it...downright dangerous and frickkin scarey !

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday