AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - fuel leak location
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Motor mounts are out and back in. But honestly this was a fight. Took me 1 1/2 days to get this al done. I guess if I would have bought the bracket with the bushings already pressed in I would have done it in 1 day. I am glad that I had my engine hoist, guess without it would not be possible.

The old bushing was shot and literally hang on a tiny bit of rubber and I could push the inner part out with my hand. It must be the one from when the car was leaving the production line since it had a Chrysler logo on it. I just hope that the other side is not that bad since I am not planning to do this anytime soon.

Pressing the new bushing in was also an adventure. I did of course not have such a big cup and had to improvise with sheet metal, and all sorts of metal parts I had somehow lying around. Although the bushing was in the freezer and I laid the bracket in the sun to heat it up, I still needed my workshop press. The difference was not big enough for the bushing to slide right in, as it was with my differential pinion bearing. Nonetheless somehow I got it in. I was marking the direction of the inner piece so that I could insert the bolt back in.

At that point I did not know that the worst part would yet to come. It took me ages to get the brackets with the 4 screws re-attached to the engine. Being by myself with no help did not really speed things up either. However, once I had the engine in the right position it took only 10 minutes and then another 30 to get the bolt back on.

I still want to install the new crank shaft sensor which I have for almost 2 years since i have access before i install the starter motor back in and stitch the rest back together but I hope by Sunday all is done. I am just glad that this is soon over.

Last edited by JoergM; 30-12-2023 at 08:30 AM.