AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - OIL COOLER Part
Thread: OIL COOLER Part
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,182 Times in 624 Posts

Good find drover...as genpk wrote too, wonder how good they are? I have a cooler I bought of ebay a fair while ago that I carried on my lap "just in case".

I am going to have the cooler replaced around 150k as insurance anyway. But I guess it would be very possible to buy a dud to replace what has not yet failed.
That would give you the irits!

It would be interesting too to know whether it is actually gasket / seal failure a lot of the time, or does the internal honeycomb setup fail. When I had the cooler go in my last Jeep, I got the cooler and mounting bracket assembly back from the workshop to check it over. I didn't find it practical to attempt pulling the cooler itself apart looking for a failure point, as it would only need to be a very slight crack to allow oil to escape under pressure...you'd do more damage just pulling it apart.

Last edited by Jeeper6; 01-01-2024 at 09:28 AM.