AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - P1608 A/D Converter Error - ECU Repair???
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2024
Back again

Liked 63 Times in 53 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

So, a local wrecker got back to me and had what I needed for 300 bucks. Even threw in a free TCU.

Buzzed out the harness looking for,

Ground - all pins
Power - all pins
0v - all pins
Switched power - all pin

No faults found.

Did find another crappy terminal strip jammed under the ECU with wires going from one of the ECU pins, through a power diode, and into the cabin. No idea what it is for but tapped it up properly just in case it was earthing out under there.

Hooked up the SKIM and taped the key to it.

Powered it up and all looked good. Saved the ECU file out of it and flashed my file to it.

Started it up and it ran fine. Left it for five minutes and gave it the occasional rev. Stopped it, started it and idled for a bit, all good.

Then......

Left the key taped to the SKIM and tucked it up out of the way. Cleaned up and came back for a drive. Started the car and 10 seconds later it shutdown with SKIM flashing. Stuffed around with the key and SKIM, but still the same thing.

I don't want to install the SKIM and barrel properly as then my key wont work with the doors. I have read places where people just leave the key taped to the SKIM and have no trouble.

Using WJDiagPro, there is a Transponder Communications Failure. It is re-settable, but comes back next start attempt.

There is an option to reset the SKIM "Reset Module This function will reset module. It does not reset stored keys.". Guessing I will give that a go next.

Any early suggestions?

Shoes are for people with jobs...