AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - P02E8 Diesel intake air flow “a” position sensor circuit low
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2024
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,158 Times in 613 Posts

I have read many times that should you disconnect the battery totally, ensuring there is no power left in the electrical circuits, it should erase the memory in the PCM / ECU sending it back to factory default settings.
So I would gather that any changes you made from the default settings would be lost. Though...I stand to be corrected with that as I have never had the need to disconnect the battery...in this Jeep or my previous WK2, so don't know whether the changes I have made via JScan would be lost.

I doubt personally that superficial changes made via the OBD port would impact the engine sensor communications with the ECU.

I would never suggest allowing a Dealer to touch any Jeep, but maybe it is worth in this case having a Dealer just do a diagnostic on it to discount the possibility of ECU changes?