AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Playing around with the 2.7 software (ECU and TCU)
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2024
Back again

Liked 62 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Started looking at the Start of Injection (SOI) stuff.

Earlier in this thread I had a quick look at the SOI maps and it all looked a bit weird. There's a bit of a hole in the middle which had me thinking.

Well, I threw the relevant maps into an excel sheet which calculates all the map outputs in the same way that the ECU does. This has created a far more reasonable looking output for the real SOI.

Injection Quantity and RPM go into the rail pressure map to output a rail pressure. Rail pressure and RPM go into the SOI map to create the start of injection in degrees of crank rotation BTDC. Injection Volume and Rail Pressure go into the duration map to output the injector open time in degrees of crank rotation. From this we can calculate End of Injection crank angle (EOI) which is kind of important.

The base SOI map with the non linear data.

The actual SOI once all relevant variables are calculated. IQ on the top, RPM down the side. Degrees of cranks rotation BTDC in the middle.

I have the same outputs for duration, EOI, and rail pressure, so have more reading to do now on what works best for economy, and what works best for power. Very different from the old days of just giving the distributor a touch more of a turn and a mixture adjustment on the old XC Falcon and advancing the timing. Also seems making a basic knock detection system isn't that hard, so might consider that maybe. Seems our detonation frequency is 6.514 kHz. I doubt I will be brave (or stupid) enough to do anything that will require that though. Can't see me doing much to this map really.

SOI below just in graph form.

Thoughts?? Does it look like I have it all wrong, or does it seem reasonable?

Shoes are for people with jobs...