AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Playing around with the 2.7 software (ECU and TCU)
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2024
Back again

Liked 64 Times in 54 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi JoeTe,

Thanks for sharing your tables. Do you know the SOI address you used?

I wonder what I have done so wrong? I get a max SOI of 17.1 deg, with a max EOI of 20 deg at the same point. Your calcs show a max stock EOI of 29.1 deg. I only picked one of the duration maps. I will run the calcs with all the duration maps and if I end up with an EOI similar to what you have found. That could be where the difference is.

Might need to go back to the beginning and see if I can find an error in my thinking.

We must have a different understanding of N75. I can't see that playing with the N75 will lower boost. I can see how it will lower boost response, but the ECU will still try and target what is in the boost maps. My understanding of the N75 is that it is a base map. An initial point for the VNT to go to, then the ECU will tweak from their to hit boost. Increase the N75 and you end up with a lively turbo that will hit boost quickly, but may overshoot. Lower N75 and you and up with a laggy turbo that takes its time to hit boost point. That said, I haven't played with the N75 as most comments i've seen say just leave it alone unless a different turbo gets fitted.

I currently run lower boost at low load to hit an AFR of 20 - 22, and a higher boost under load to keep exhaust temps down. This was achieved by the boost map.

Shoes are for people with jobs...

Last edited by RTB; 30-01-2024 at 05:46 AM.