AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Playing around with the 2.7 software (ECU and TCU)
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2024
Back again

Liked 64 Times in 54 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

At this point, I have 1 SOI map, 1 Fuel Rail Pressure Map, and 6 Duration Maps. As far as I can tell, this is the base information to calculate the EOI.

Just run the calcs on all 6 duration's with injection quantities of up to 80mg/stroke or 94mm3 as used for the duration and rail pressure maps. This is 5mg/stroke more than stock maps call for.

None of my calcs have and EOI as far as the 29.1 from the EOI builder program. Max I see is 24 deg ATDC. Guessing at this point that the map labelled Duration 1 is the normal running map when the engine is up to temperature.

JoeTe, do you know the addresses of the SOI, rail pressure, and duration map you used for your changes? Maybe I am missing them?

Not sure if these maps are in the correct order. All maps show a retarded injection cycle at low RPM and a more advance injection cycle at higher fuel and RPM. This would seem reasonable. They also loose some of that advance with max fuel and max RPM which like mentioned will be due to the fuel rail pressure limiting. If the max rail pressure was bumped up, this would bring the mid-point of injection back to a more advanced center point. I'm not going there...

Maps created using linear fuel flow increase, ignoring DW maps which are non-linear.

Edit:- Just found an error in my mid-point calc, but it doesn't really change much.

Duration 0

Duration 1

Duration 2

Duration 3

Duration 4

Duration 5

Shoes are for people with jobs...

Last edited by RTB; 30-01-2024 at 06:53 PM.