AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Engine Oil Capacity....'11-'13 3.0lt CRD WK2
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2024
Rock Munki

Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

So the Glovebox manual in my 2012 biult 2013 model states 9 US Quarts 8.4 metric litres.
Irony there is our Diesel engine wasnt even present in the US until the following year....and even then as drover has stated the engines in ours arent eco-diesels....sooooo....that takes the reo out of that bit of concrete evidence.

Guru stated 7.7lts....which contradicts the Glovebox claim.....difference of 700ml.
May just spend some more time on the phone with the Guru and get him to walk me through this one.....there may be a reason behind his point blank answer of 7.7lt....answers a pineapple right now.

Hard to say why the capacity was lowered after the 5spd was updated to an 8spd...the hose from hell was introduced to supply coolant to the turbo...HP and Torque were uprated....simple thing with the electronic marvels these things are...hmmmm ....and I was sure I had a handle on this....nope !

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Last edited by FARWEST; 31-01-2024 at 05:13 PM.