AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Playing around with the 2.7 software (ECU and TCU)
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2024
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 232 Times in 189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
Learnt something about the swirl flaps today.

I have stopped looking at the SOI for a bit as I do more research. The maps in our WJ EDC15C2 are different to many others, and most the info on the internet is for other vehicle types. Each manufacturer puts their maps in different locations, etc, so makes it a pain.

Anyway, found out that the swirl flaps have some sort of link to inlet air temp. It is 36 deg C here today. I was watching the swirl flaps on WJDiag Pro. They were doing their thing for a while after I started the car, then suddenly they went full open and stayed there. Came back, after the car cooled down went out again, and after a few minutes the same thing happened.

So it would appear that if the inlet temp goes high, the swirl flaps are disabled full open.
I remember that it's the same when it's cold outside or at least until the engine reaches operating temp.