AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - CRD 2.7 722.6 transmission valve body
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2024
Senior Newbie

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post
For solenoids, see: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+solenoid,8476

I'm not sure of the symptoms, but I do know a "moaning" when the TCC engages can be the TCC solenoid.
When I accelerate hard I can hear some kind of whistle for a second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
Can you duplicate the vibration when stationary? It might be a transmission mount that's going south...

Bad TCC solenoid causes oscillating revs once the converter is locked, at low load. My 2002 used to moan/groan when locking the TCC at low revs because of harmonics in the entire drivetrain. At some point I swapped in a 2004 TCU which locked at 70km/h and the noise was gone.

I believe both TCC and modulating pressure solenoid are PWM solenoids, maybe it's worth swapping them with eachother to confirm the modulating pressure solenoid is fine. I suspect that any oil pressure issue will cause poor performance.

Shift solenoids are only active during shifts.

3-4 flare is caused by wear in a certain clutch pack or wear in the 3-4 overlap sleeve bore. Can be improved with enlarging a certain hole in the valvebody steel plate. Can be masked by dialing in more torque reduction on the 3-4 shift. For my 2002 the Sonnax overlap sleeves did not help. When I installed a rebuilt valvebody I noticed the rebuilder used Sonnax overlap sleeves.
The trans and engine mounts are new. There's multiple vibrations I feel, they are not strong vibrations but can get tiresome after driving for a while. One I can accurately point when it's happening is around 1000rpm, stationary or moving, the vibration feels/sounds like a rumble/droning noise, quickly disapears after 1200rpm.

Even if shift solenoids are only active during shifts, would they not properly sealing, as I showed in the video, leak pressure from the rest of the valve body and partialy try engage shifting all the time?