AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Oil cooler replacement...
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2024
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,169 Times in 619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
I just used an ebay one but from a regular jeep supplier in Australia as they use ebay as well. Then looked at the quality and possibly the same as mopar or not as you cant see inside properly. However, I would have no hesitation using an ebay one if what arrives looks to be OEM. The bottom line I have taken advice from others is not to replace prematurely with an unknown but as you are over 173K, I would be doing the same as it will refresh the oil and coolant seal itself. I think I purchased from the place you are referring to. Very happy with what arrived in post.

Thanks Mousie...I have a thing about ebay I guess, but can't say I have read anywhere of some one having a drama with these coolers as a replacement.

The one I bought previously and have here looks exactly the same as the OEM...probably is made by the same crowd in reality...
I reckon I’ll grab one, the site says they have sold 51 of them so there are obviously a few in use.

As you note too drover, the fitment of the gasket is a big concern, has to be done properly or it will leak. I often wonder if the leaking oil cooler issue is more a gasket failure than the actual cooler failing?
It’ll be the guys at 7 Slot doing mine again this time.

IFLYRC…I replaced the whole lot last time, the support bracket and the cooler, was all I could buy at short notice at the time...just the actual oil cooler itself with a new gasket is usually all that needs doing…