AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Oil cooler replacement...
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2024
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,005 Times in 2,362 Posts

The official fix is replace the whole lot, probably quicker to do and they make more money from it................. from reports on AJOR I would repair the assemnly on the bench though to make sure all seals are in their proper location .... Had a listing for a place in Melbourne for parts like this but they seem to have closed...

I have read reports of the seal failing, possibly from improper fitment but these units fail in many CRD's, the MB in the WG was known for it, bad casting, so as I said before pot luck, even the 8HP70 alloy casing has had a few bad casts and they leaked, not common but it has happened, can't recall which vehicles though ............. Many WGs were getting theirs swapped out but I looked at that mine is okay so far, the replacement is an unknown quanity ........ and doing my own servicing I knew the state, type of coolant used, no top ups of water, have wondered if electrolisis is part of the cause as well, something that has caused a number of coolant eating things on modern engines....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.