AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK diesel failures in NZ!
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2024
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 846 Times in 474 Posts
Default WK diesel failures in NZ!

I spent an hour with an independant Jeep mechanic yesterday out of Christchurch
NZ.Very busy as a major Jeep dealer got rid of the franchise a few months ago.Sounds familiar.! He is a long time Jeep guy both himself and his wife drive 2016 WK diesels.He got his really cheap due to a knock in the motor.He rebuilt the motor but said parts are a major problem !However he is now onto a operation in the US who is getting forged cranks and updated bearing kits made.Good second hand motors now fetching around fouteen grand retail.! He has fitted a 2011 motor into 2016 with no problems.Been using 5w40 Penrite Enviro in the workshop and his vehicle for last five years,plus been adding Penrite zinc additive in his with no problems,go figure.!He said he has seen no change in DPF burns temps,etc over the last five years.
So I thought I would put a half bottle in mine ! He is Now using the 10w40 Penrite Enviro.in all the Jeep WKs he services.The valley coolant hose failures are increasing just like in Australia.Not many oil cooler failures.
Reckons Jeep are stuffed as a brand in NZ without the diesel Grand Cherokee.
I might add that this time in NZ the number of WK diesels towing Aussie vans was way up on previous years!Mostly Jaycos.