AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Engine Oil Capacity....'11-'13 3.0lt CRD WK2
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,949 Times in 2,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
Sorry to be a pain, just trying to search history for the engine oil sump bolt specs as will just buy a generic from Supercheap but which one. Always just reused the original and okay, now caught with a drip after changing. I have the MY14 and I think drover or another mentioned the trident reference? Then the fun of changing over will begin.

Is it this one Oil Sump Plug & Gasket/Washer/Seal Tridon Oil Drain Plug TDP034 as says fits the vehicle
Grade: Thread: 3/8 x 10

My book I have written 14mm -1.5 with a question mark so could be suss, Might be as mine is a 13mm spanner job.................... If its just the seal then you just need a new O ring, oil seal type so orange or green usually, Ive never changed sump plugs on any vehicle just replaced the O rings , old ones may look like a flat seal but usually just a worn O ring.... Always tighten with my hand over the spanner end on bolt never on the spanner shank...... If the plug needs replacing then since its way tougher than the sump I would be worried.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.