AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ABS lights and traction lights all come on
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksjay View Post
Low and behold, it happened to me too over the long weekend while reversing out of the driveway. As soon as I tried to accelerate in drive, there was a hesitancy and the car braked on its own in fits and starts.

I am getting the mechanic to check codes and look into it. I think it might be a speed sensor front drivers side.

I love my JKU (2016), and I get how the speed sensors work in tandem with the ABS for traction control. I wish I could switch it off until the mechanic has dealt with it.

If this happens in the middle of bugger all, what is the fix or work around? (assuming it's not something simple like a fuse or a sensor with caked on dirt or leaking axle oil)

My 95XJ Sport -No abs, but my traction comes from FT 4WD - is my daily driver again until the JKU gets sorted.
Had exactly same symptoms on mine whilst entering the forest a few years back
Managed to get to some tarmac and called the AA
Plugged in a scanner drove around which highlighted front nearside speed sensor at fault.
Temporary fix was to unplug said connector, protect connection from mud, with what looked like a mini condom secure the wire and I re-joined the group back in the forest with all the appropriate lights 'on the dash', minus the random braking issues.
However, it wasn't the speed sensor, it ended up being a worn wheel bearing, which didn't show any obvious symptom's, except a couple of weeks earlier when driving on tarmac the lights flickered on then went off.